Click Here to Download Pool Rules
2023 Pool Hours
It is our goal to have both pools open from Memorial Weekend through Labor Day Weekend. As we approach the end of the summer, pools hours may be affected slightly as lifeguards return to college. We appreciate your understanding.
Sunflower Staff and Board reserve the authority to adjust pool hours due to hazardous or inclement weather conditions.
- Swim Lessons beginning Monday, June 19
- Lessons are held M-Th: 10:30 am – 12 noon at the Gainsborough Pool Only
- Fridays are reserved for a rain date, same hours
- While P-CCS is in Session
- Hanford: 1-8 p.m. weekdays, 12-9 p.m. weekends
- Gainsborough: 4-8 p.m. weekdays, 12-9 p.m. weekends
- Once P-CCS is out of school for the summer
- Hanford: 1-9 p.m. weekdays and 12-9 p.m. weekends
- Gainsborough: 1-9 p.m. weekdays and 12-9 p.m. weekends
ONLY RESIDENTS WHOSE DUES ARE PAID IN FULL (INCLUDING PREVIOUS YEARS) WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE FACILITIES
- NO swimming unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- WALK (no running, rough play, splashing, or dunking is allowed in the pool area).
- Showers must be taken before entering the pool area (State Health Code).
- NO gum or food is allowed in the pool area. NO glass containers (including ceramic coffee mugs) or alcoholic beverages (State Health Code). Use of the pool is prohibited after consuming alcoholic beverages.
- ABSOLUTELY NO DISPOSABLE DIAPERS. Not toilet-trained children must wear a regulation swim diaper or cloth diaper and rubber pants that fit snuggly at the waist and legs.
- Children under the age of 6 must be accompanied in the water by an adult or qualified helper.
HELPER QUALIFICATION (must meet them all):
- At least 14 years old
- Be on record as passing the RED DOT TEST
- May only watch one child at a time
- Parent or guardian must be present on the pool deck at all times
- Guest Pass required if helper is not a Sunflower Resident
- Children under 12 must be supervised by an adult or guardian at all times.
- Note: Children 9-11 who pass the RED DOT TEST may use the pool unsupervised.
- Childcare providers, ages 15-17, may accompany children ages 6 to 12. For children under the age of 6, the childcare provider must be 18 years of age or older. All childcare providers must be registered with the Association Office. Guest pass is required if the childcare provider is not a Sunflower Resident.
- Small plastic pool toys (fits in the palm of hand) with no sharp edges or removable parts are allowed in the pool area. NO balls, noodles, dolls with hair, flotation toys, SCUBA gear, or masks.
- Band-aids must be removed before entering the pool area (State Health Code).
- NO hanging on the rope, ladders or rails.
- Diving permitted in designated areas ONLY. NO jumping in backwards, spinning, flips or jumping from ladders or stairs.
- Proper swim attire is required — NO cutoffs or shorts allowed (State Health Code).
- NO shoes or aqua footwear are allowed in the pool.
- The lifeguards reserve the right to limit the number of patrons in the pool facility.
- Please, NO UNNECESSARY CONVERSATION WITH THE LIFEGUARDS.
- The Guard Room, stands and other equipment are for lifeguard use ONLY.
- The Kiddy pool is for children age 4 and under (10 people maximum). An adult must accompany child at all times. The Kiddy pool will be closed during adult swim.
- NO playing in restrooms or lengthy showers. Showers are to be taken ONLY when coming into or leaving the pool area. CHILDREN ARE NOT TO TAKE SHOWERS DURING ADULT SWIM UNLESS THEY ARE LEAVING TO GO HOME!
- Only radios with headphones are permitted in the pool area.
- The chaise lounges and any other outdoor furniture are reserved for adult use.
- ALL non-residents must be accompanied by a resident and a guest pass must be presented at the gate. Each lot number is allowed no more than 6 guests at one time.
- NO ONE is allowed in the Clubhouse while using the pool facilities.
- This facility is a smoke free environment—NO smoking allowed inside the fenced pool area or restrooms.
SUNFLOWER EMPLOYEES HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO ENFORCE ANY WRITTEN OR UNWRITTEN RULE THAT WILL HELP ENSURE THE SAFETY OR ENJOYMENT OF OUR PATRONS AND STAFF.
ANY PATRON NOT COOPERATING AND/OR NOT OBSERVING ALL RULES WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE FACILITY.